MAKE YOUR FIRST BLOG POST

Have been with students at graduation and post-graduation levels or even at those higher than the ones mentioned, for no fewer than ten years (a considerable part of my life),teaching them lessons on language. But one thing I feel drawn to from my school days is technology and the way it advances from day to day. I can’t help feeling enticed by the aesthetic aspect of almost anything I see people do with their ingenuous skills and care, giving a wide berth to clumsiness, in our locality or its immediate vicinity. There were articles which I wanted to share not only with my students but with many people across the globe. This was how I made my first ever acquaintance with the term ‘blogging’, but I was at a loss finding out the steps I could make use of to get my messages across through blogging. I consulted people around only to be disappointed. I then ran the gauntlet of some of my old friends telling me negatively about blogging which, they elaborated, tended to place somebody under precarious circumstances. They sounded mere dilettantes in as far as the very term noted above goes and tried to discourage me like a dog in the manger. The kind of help I had had before online didn’t come of much use as I couldn’t make my first ever blog post even after carefully reading some of the articles on this specific issue. I suddenly discovered myself left to my own efforts, but I didn’t lose hope and took courage from the contents of those blogs that I could make out a new way doing it myself. My efforts got crowned in the end. The following lines will disclose the facts for you to follow to make your first ever blog post.

STEP ONEBefore you move any further making your first blog post, make sure you have a website. There are two types of them available; the free ones and those that are charge-based. Go for the free ones, I created my first ever website with ‘WordPress’, that has the lion’s share in the field of blogging. You can download this free application on Google’s ‘Play Store’ on your mobile set. Sign up for a free website when you have downloaded this application. It will take some time to complete the process, never fell nervous; provide them with all the necessary information as you are requested. Choose a name for your website and, if possible, they will provide it in a jiffy. If your articles are meant for monetisation go for the self-hosted ‘www.wordpress.org’, a better platform to turn your passion into money, but you have to pay for it. I should suggest making your first move with the free ‘www.wordpress.com’ and each time you make a blog post your experience grows richer to try the other one.

STEP TWOAs your website is now ready for use, open the home page of your website and you will see it featuring options like: ‘Stats’, ‘Blog posts’, ‘Media’, ‘Pages’, ‘Comments’, ‘Themes’, ‘People’, ‘Setting’, and ‘View Site’. There is a circular icon in yellow with a pen on it at the right angle of the homepage, tap on it and, to your surprise, it will take you to the page to write something on. Choose a post title and type it in the scheduled area; your blog is now ready to be published right away. The key-like option ‘Publish’ top right will be playing a vital role in publishing the contents you have just written. What is more, you can now keep track of the traffic using ‘Stats’; see your blogs you have already published; check comments using the other options I have already mentioned above in the topic.


This process, however, made a poor impression as I tried to publish those ‘MS Word’ documents I had saved for years on my personal computer, as none of them could be published this way. I took my time and puzzled out the riddle of getting them all published in few minutes. I transferred the files to my phone. Every time I transferred the ‘MS Word’ documents wirelessly to the smart phone there was a noticeable change in their reproduction, as if the phone received the files tampered by some third party. I then contrived a plan and converted the MS files into PDF ones, and there was a pristine reproduction when those PDFs got transferred to my smart phone. Click ‘File’ on your computer, go to ‘Save & send’, click on it, click ‘Create PDF/XPS Document’ and do this once again on the box ‘Create PDF’ and this concludes with the option ‘Publish’, just click on it the same way and the document will be published as a PDF file. For transfer of files wirelessly from your PC to your smart phone or vice versa, you can read my blog MY WI-FI DIRECT EXPRRIENCE. Once the PDF file gets transferred to your mobile phone, you can reconvert it into a JPG file with the help of ‘X21MG’ an application, even the free version of it is very effective and can convert the files almost immediately. You can download this application on Google ‘Play Store’. When you have these JPG files you can get them published online almost immediately using your mobile phone. Go to X21MG’s home page choose a document, tap the ‘Share’ icon and you will see the ‘Wordpress’ logo, tap it again and see your documents starts ‘publishing’. This is, perhaps, the easiest way getting articles published. It’s time for Happy Blogging.


Comments